Friday 1 June 2007

Me & my blog

So, I have this blog now and I'm not really sure how to start. I've had several abortive attempts already this week. The problem was that I had some hang ups about the whole blog experience - the exposing myself in public (well, cyberspace), the pressure to be interesting, clever and/or amusing, the doubt that I actually had anything to say or, in any event, anything new to say, the worry about accusations of attention seeking, the fear of rejection and ridicule etc etc (I could go on ad nauseam and probably will in future posts - you have been warned). And there seem to be so many different approaches and purposes. And my head was very ill after overdoing the Bitburger on Bank Holiday Monday. Anyway, I have finally got over myself, "got" that my blog can and should be whatever I want it to be and, true to form, got over my hangover to the extent that it is now a distant and amusing memory and I'm ready to go again. So, here I am and here my blog is and I hope that some people read it. If not, not tae worry - it's fun already.

13 comments:

Neil J M said...

FIRST COMMENT!

I rule. Welcome to the blogosphere babe!

J.H.

Kaz said...

Hey Hey...
Nice first post....welcome to the evil world of blogging.

Anonymous said...

Arghh - I tried to leave comments on here earlier but it didn't work. Anyhoo, now that I have been taught the rules of blogging etiquette ... to the superior Judge Head & the delicious Kaz, thank you both very much. I feel all warm and fuzzy. Please call again - I will try & post

Neil J M said...

Kaz may indeed be delicious (though I've never eaten her), but please refrain from calling me 'superior'. You make me sound like a sanitary towel.

Es ist mein teil? - NEIN!

J.H.

McGrathy said...

Hey Bobbins welcome to the bobosphere!

I've tagged you in my latest post, now you have material for the difficult second post.

:)

S.

Anonymous said...

Sorry boo! What I meant to say was supreme master, lord of everything, superlative magnificence. Sanitary towels are, "super" not, "supreme" but if that's what it conjures for you - you are an interesting person aren't you x

Kaz said...

I taste even better sprinkled in brownie mix!

The Painted Ass said...

O, hang on, yep, Neil's just passed out!! Heeheeeeeee

The Painted Ass said...

Thank you, Stephen. Can you now do my third for me?

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Absolutely no need to feel the pressure to be "interesting, clever and/or amusing" - as reading other people's blogs will testify! I'll drop back in the future and see if you are, against all the odds, any of those things. No pressure there then! XX

The Painted Ass said...

Hello AMKT. Thanks very much for calling! I've read your blog and now i'm under my desk hiding from the pressure. You are very bold x

Old Knudsen said...

Blogs are a piece of pish who cares if anyone reads? I don't.


Did I sound convincing?

The Painted Ass said...

Uh huh, uh huh - but then I'm fairly gullible Mr Knudsen. For gracing me with your presence, and cos you're a funny bugger I'm linking you