Wednesday 20 June 2007

I love me - yum

8 Facts / Ficts About Me

The Rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts/ ficts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves.
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random ficts/facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged (cut and run).

The Facts / Ficts

1. My favourite city is Paris. Not particularly original but, there you go. I dream of moving there and spending my days wafting about, snogging randoms on benches on bridges and standing at my bedroom window, in my underwear, smoking cigarettes. My ambition in life is to be a big, fat cliche - as Gordon (the knob/god?, I'm undecided) Ramsey would say, "DONE".

2. My third year Biology teacher predicted that I would win a nobel prize before I reached the age of 30. Gosh, I sure hope I never bump into her. Maybe I could talk up my call centre shenanigans as some sort of experiment.

3. When I was wee I wanted to be many things, including a horse. I'd still quite like a swishy tail - only for special occasions mind. I would have been a dappled, grey arab, in case you're interested and, in this particular scenario, I would have spent my days racing across deserty sand dunes, with my tail stuck in the air and a swarthy Sinbad the Sailor type on my back brandishing one of those big curved swords in one hand and a Fry's Turkish Delight in the other, ahhh....

4. My favourite colour is green. That is all.

5. I've swum with Fungi the Dolphin in Dingle. It was beautiful, baby. I almost touched his snout. He swam up underneath me and I reached down to touch him. I was giggling like an idiot. Unfortunately, at the crucial point of contact, my snorkel airhole dipped below the water and I ended up choking and spluttering on the surface. By the time I'd recovered and stuck my face back in the water, he'd gone off to play with less stupid people.

6. I've had 23 jobs in my life so far. That seems a lot. Most of them were part time, admittedly. Still, I'm wrecked. Can I stop now please? Where is my millionaire?

7. I have a guardian angel. She is a nun called Agnes who was a cousin of my granny's granny or something. She potters about in my general vicinity, holding her rosary up to me now again to wish me luck. Yes, this IS a fact you cynics.

8. I'm a wreckless, risk taking, rule breaking, renegade. My bottom is raw and ragged from scrapping up and down life's edge. So, NO! I will not tag 8 other people (waves middle finger in air dangerously). It's nothing to do with the fact that I don't have 8 people to tag - not one little bit - no siree.

17 comments:

Neil J M said...

I lol'd:

'By the time I'd recovered and stuck my face back in the water, he'd gone off to play with less stupid people.'

DONE!

The Painted Ass said...

The whole thing was very funny boo. I was pure comedy but for all the wrong reasons. I had no flipper control. If you ever meet Gordon (if I ever see him again) he tells it very well - though I think he was cringing with embarrassment at the time, being Dr marine biology and all!!

Neil J M said...

Hey babe, I was just on a random intaynet trawl there and came across this site. You could well turn out to be this woman, provided I continue to force-feed you my musical tastes. I particularly like her use of the phrase 'white-hot liquid f**k'. Nice.

J.H.

The Painted Ass said...

Hehe! Thank for that. I do like Till. He's a big bear of a man - GRRRH. I want to blow raspberries on his hairy belly. I'd have to extinguish him first though. Fire is scary!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kaz said...

Hey Robyn, I put a link to your blog on mine..
So you gotta tell me a wee story so I have something to read when i'm on the skive in work!

Neil J M said...

You just got spammed, Bobs. Go enable word verification in your Comments settings and delete that crap.

J.H.

The Painted Ass said...

Hey Karen. Thanks very much for adding me :) I have a wee story today actually but I'm getting completely gobbed with calls. It's a bit of a yuk story but hey. I'm heading over to your blog now. Hope work as been a monster skive for ya.

McBoo - Hope you're having a fab day off. Thanks for the info. Have kicked Rodrigo outta here

Around My Kitchen Table said...

Loved reading your eight facts. How lovely to have a guardian angel. If I have one she is keeping very quiet. Maybe I'm picking her up subconsciously as I seem to avoid trouble on the whole. Your dolphin story made me laugh, as did the image of you as an Arab horse! You're a good (and very amusing) writer so you could use that call centre experience to good effect and write a book. Anyway, I've now linked you. Good luck.

The Painted Ass said...

AMKT - thanks so much for linking me and for your very kind words - with your encouragement I might just manage a post! I bet you do have a guardian angel. I was told about mine by a lady who was reading my runes. She saw Agnes standing beside me and said she was standing in very tight, looking after me. I have to say I do find it very comforting. I love all that stuff!

Katie said...

Yeah!... Its Robyn!... my pub quiz compadre!
this whole bloging thing is a bit harder than i thought... i am slowly realizing i have NOTHING to say..
anyhoo...i totally agree with your Parisian future... (should it really be true)
have a fantasic weekend!

Old Knudsen said...

I have a guardian angel too but mine is a bit more pro-active, he goes around karmicly knee-capping people who mess with me. I feel like I know you so well now, can ya lend me a tenner?

The Painted Ass said...

I'll have to keep on the right side of you - I don't think Agnes rattling her beads would be any match for your bad ass assassin. It's pay day tomorrow so I can lend you tenner - is that how much a. ahem, lady costs in Larne?

Old Knudsen said...

There are ladies in larne? I was after a hoor meself.

McGrathy said...

I advocate more blogging!

The Painted Ass said...

McGrathy - so you're more of an advocate than a badvocate? Oh my god, get outta there before they eat your soul

Old knudsen - Comber has those a plenty. Call us.

McGrathy said...

Yeah I'm becoming a madvocate... muahahhaha